Wednesday 23 November 2011

Fabulous ten days with more than 200 sales

What a fabulous few weeks it has been for God’s Secret Listener as I have had more than 200 sales in just ten days.

November began with meeting up with Gani Smolica, whose story is told in God’s Secret Listener, and hearing him speak at Rising Brook Baptist Church, Stafford, where we sold some books.

Gani is on a tour of Britain and a number of his supporting churches have ordered copies as well.

Then it was off to Warwick to attend a meeting of the African Pastors’ Fellowship where I am a trustee and they were all interested to hear the Albania story.

Last Wednesday I  gave an hour lecture to Stone Historical Society about my latest two books, God’s Secret Listener and Four Centuries at the Lion Hotel, while on the Sunday I met up with a good friend, the Rev Canon Dr Barry Wilson, when I went to preach at All Saints, Madeleypictured below.


I was surprised to hear that this beautiful historical church goes back to the 1100s and part of the original stones can still be seen today.

In between I have linked up with Eurovangelism and the Albanian Evangelical Mission, two groups who are working in Albania and who I hadn’t come across before.

With an invitation to speak at Shrewsbury Rotary Club next Wednesday at the Lord Hill Hotel and to meet up with some Shropshire friends it has been a great month.

More encouraging news came from Lion/Monarch Publishing who said the fourth edition of the book, which came out only eight weeks ago, has already sold more than 450 copies and they are talking about a fifth edition in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment