Thursday 25 August 2011

My book goes into a fourth edition

I was delighted to receive an email from my publisher, Lion/Hudson/Monarch, yesterday to say that they are printing a fourth edition of God’s Secret Listener which will be available in early September.

I never thought when the book was published last October that within 11 months we would be on our fourth edition.

Sales manager at the Oxford publishers, Andrew Wormleighton, said the book had been selling steadily at Christian bookshops all round Britain with the one of the star performers being in Stockton-on-Tees, which fascinated me as I have never been there in my life. 

The publishers report that the book is selling well worldwide, but particularly in the USA and Australia.

I am glad there is another reprint as I have a busy few weeks of meetings ahead.

As well as going to man the European Christian Mission stand at the Gorsley Festival on the Herefordshire/Gloucestershire border for the five-day Christian festival over the Bank Holiday weekend I am then going to preach in the morning at St John’s Methodist Church, Hereford, on the following weekend before speaking at a meeting of Newcastle Congregational Church in the evening.

Then I am speaking at Stoke-on-Trent Probus Club, followed by a midweek church meeting in Hartshill, Newcastle-under-Lyme, a Stourbridge Library group talk followed by a Shrewsbury women’s group meeting at the end of the month.

In early October it’s off to Sheffield to talk to an Albanian prayer group, before going to preach at St Peter’s Church, Pedmore, near Stourbridge, and then talking to Shrewsbury Business Chamber at the plush new football ground.

In between those dates I am trying to fit a trip to Oxford on September 22 where I have been invited to a special anniversary service in Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford, (pictured below) celebrating 40 years since
David and Pat Alexander started Lion Publishing in 1971.


This is followed by tea in the Great Hall in Christ Church.

If you are from Stockton-on-Tees, tell me why I should visit your town, email me on John@jbutterworth.plus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment